- 500 gm fallow venison topside, denuded
- 1 tablespoon long pepper, finely ground
- 1 tablespoon mountain pepper, finely ground
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, finely ground
- 1 tablespoon coriander, toasted and ground
- 2 tablespoons vincotto
- Sour dough, thinly sliced and left out over night
- 2 punnets of fosters herbs, washed and cleaned
- Sea salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon red win vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 bunch chervil, chopped
- Sea salt
- Heat a heavy based pan and seal all sides of the venison until it is lightly brown and set aside.
- Mix all the ground spices together and place in a bowl.
- When the venison has cooled slightly, spread the vincotto evenly around the meat and then roll in the spice mix, until evenly coated.
- Roll put some cling film and place the coated venison on it, tightly wrap the meat is it forms a cylinder shape, you can achieve this by grabbing the sides and rolling it in one direction. Place in the freezer.
- While freezing, mis together all components of dressing.
- Once frozen, thinly slice using a slicer.
Arrange on a plate and garnish with herbs.
Dress all around and sprinkle with some sea salt.