- 1kg fallow venison silverside, denuded
- 150 pls mushroom soy
- 50 gm soft brown sugar
- 200 gm thinly sliced Spanish onions
- 200 gm snow pea sprouts
- 200 gm julienne red capsicum
- 150 gm julienne carrot
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 bunch Thai basil
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint
- 2 sheets nori paper
- 300 mls rice wine vinegar
- 100 mls light soy
- 20 gm black sesame seeds
- 20 gm white sesame seeds
- 40 gm chopped ginger
- 20 gm chopped garlic
- 60 mls sesame oil
- Combine the mushroom soy and brown sugar together in a bowl, submerge the silverside to marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Remove venison from the marinade and then slice meat into 12 equal pieces and beat out with a tenderising mallet until 3-4 mm thick.
- Trim the venison until it resembles a rectangle. Sear one side inly on the char grill, remove from the grill once the uncooked side starts to show bar marks from the grill.
- Slice the nori sheets into 6 even pieces and lay one sheet int the bench. Wet it slightly.
- Place the rectangle of cooked venison on the sheet of dampened nori.
- Spread vegetables and herbs evenly at one end of the venison rectangle.
- Roll the vegetables in the venison and nori and use skewers to hold it together. Repeat for the other roll.
- To make the dressing combine all ingredients together in a bowl nd whisk.
Place 3 rolls on a serving dish and pour dressing over the top.